Thursday, November 3, 2011

8 Laps, Lee Saxby

I ran 8 laps this morning, just under a mile and a half. I was going to run yesterday, but I was too busy in the morning, and feeling a little sick in the evening. I prayed that I'd be up to running today, and I was. I starting to feel a little more confident. I mentioned before that I'm afraid I may not be able to progress as fast as I'd like because I was getting progressively more and more tired with each run. However, the increase in fatigue, I think, was only because my runs were only beginning to challenge me. I noticed today that I wasn't much more tired than I was when I ran three laps. I think I'm still adjusting from easy to challenging runs.

No blisters, no pain besides calf soreness, which is understandable. I'm trying out trigger-point therapy, as advised by the Sock Dock, to help with that.

Anyway, I've done alot of reading and seen alot of videos in order to understand the theory behind barefoot running. However, I think Lee Saxby does a really good job of explaining the basics in this video I found. In fact, I think he demonstrates and explains the faster cadence better than anyone else I've seen. I think this is the video I'll show to people that ask me about barefoot running.



I hope you enjoyed the video.

EDIT: I just discovered that Lee Saxby wrote an ebook for VIVOBAREFOOT. It's a great intro to barefoot running. It gives a good explanation of the idea behind it and shares a few drills to build strength and form. It's a short and easy read. I learned a few new things, so I recommend it to anyone that liked the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment